Fostering

We spent this week doing respite care for two little boys who are in foster care. They are 8 months and 22 months old. Whew! That was a learning experience for all of us. My 9 year old and my 15 year old both got to experience feeding a baby. I thought it was sweet. They weren't so thrilled. My 15 year old had a lot of fun with the 22 month old though. Giving high fives and filling his sippy cup with milk. I'd love to post pics, but we are not allowed. :( They even got to celebrate Easter with us.

By the end of the week, my husband and I had decided we are too old for a baby.  It was tiring, but it was a great experience to open up our home and our family to these little guys. They were fun and we all had a great time. I hope as we continue to do this my sons will have the same desire when they grow up. I think these are the things that matter.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Focused on the Wrong Battle

My Kids Amaze Me